Aran Afghan WIP

Work continues on the Great American Aran Afghan, and I’m on my third square.  I’m finding that this is (so far) tremendously interesting.  I’ve finally learned to read cable charts without constantly referring to the stitch definition, and the small size of each piece (relative to, say, an entire afghan) makes it very easy to carry around.  It’s delightful to watch the pattern appear quickly.

Neither of the two squares are finished as pictured.  The one on the left was knit “around” and the center is picked up and knit with decreases – something like a cap.  The problem is, I didn’t have the correct size DPNs for the center section.  I tried to use circular needles, but that didn’t work.  So, I set it aside, (ordered size 6 HiyaHiya DPNs) and started the next square (on the right).

Aran Afghan WIP 06-12-2014 (Large)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s